This role requires a motivated and committed individual with strong Solvency II knowledge
and an ability to deliver in challenging timeframes.
It is vital that the candidate can take on work for which they have no experience. It is
expected that they apply logic, common sense, and their actuarial skillset to work through
problems and present viable solutions. Support will be available to advise and guide,
particularly in the first few months, but this role requires an individual who can pick up a
piece of work and progress it under their own initiative, reporting back key decisions, issues
and/or opportunities at the appropriate times.
A significant amount of interaction with key stakeholders is required both internal and
external to the business. The candidate must be proficient at communication and be
comfortable, where appropriate, to challenge senior stakeholders.
Your primary focus will be ensuring regular reporting requirements are completed on time,
accurately and with the appropriate controls. This includes but is not limited to calculating
Group capital requirements (SCR & MCR), populating group templates (QRTs, NSTs, FSTs) and
updating Group documents such as the SFCR, RSR and ORSA.
As a small Group function this role is extremely varied with tasks covering the whole breadth
of the life actuarial scope including M&A and often roles outside a typical actuarial position.
We encourage capable individuals to apply for this unique role. The successful candidate will
join a high-performing Group function as part of a relatively new but established life
– Excellent knowledge of Solvency II
– Must have willingness to learn and develop
– Must be able to apply an actuarial skillset to unfamiliar tasks
– Organised with a delivery focus
– Self-starter with the ability and confidence to cover the necessary daily activities and
the more significant issues at executive level as they arise
– Flexibility to adapt to the position as it grows and help to define the position following
– Excellent communication and relationship building skills
– Should be able to work both on their own and as part of a team
– Knowledge of Group reporting is preferable
– Previous audit experience (client or auditor) is preferable
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.