Date(s) - 05/05/2021
12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
NoCA Training: Python Foundation for Actuaries, is being provided by Gaurang Mehta, FIA.
Gaurang is qualified actuary since 2013 and has worked in a freelance capacity for few of the large UK insurers. His experience is in the areas of risk calibrations, MA/VA and system design and implementation.
The course will comprise of 5 lessons of 1 hour each on:
1. 5th May 2021, 12pm – 1pm
2. 7th May 2021, 12pm – 1pm
3. 12th May 2021, 12pm – 1pm
4. 14th May 2021, 12pm – 1pm and
5. 19th May 2021, 12pm – 1pm.
A NoCA Training Certificate will be provided on the completion of the course.
The Course will cover the following modules:
- Background and setting up the Python Environment
- History of Python and basic details on Python
- Installation of Anaconda Environment and familiarity with Spyder and Jupyter
- Basics of variables, string handling, flow controls, functions and loops
- Lists, Tuples and Dictionaries
- Fundamentals of Python
- Input validation
- Conditionals and recursion
- Reading and writing files
- Debugging in python
- Introduction to web scrapping and working with excel spreadsheets
- Objected Oriented Programming in Python
- Introduction to classes and objects
- Classes and methods, Classes and functions
- Creating basic power point slides using python
- Introduction to Pandas
- Viewing and selection of data,
- Pivot tables and reshaping of the data
- Time series and plotting using matplot library
- Working with missing data
- Introduction to Scikit Learn
- Basics of Scikit Learn
- Case study using Principal Component Analysis (PCA)
- Case study using ridge regression
Bookings are closed for this event.