Date(s) - 17/09/2021
12:00 pm - 3:00 pm
AI in Actuarial Science – Full Series
Presented by Quantee, www.quantee.ai
The aim of the AI in Actuarial Science Series is to teach the insurance community about Python and data science foundations based on business-oriented use cases such as non-life pricing.
The course gives pricing analysts, actuaries and any stakeholders interested a comprehensive background of data science techniques designed for risk and pricing data processing and modelling.
The series covers the following topics:
– Data Science & AI in Python foundations
– Data connectivity and dataset processing
– GLMs in risk and demand modelling
– Machine learning in risk and demand modelling
– Automated machine learning
– Explainable AI
The AI series is made up of 5 courses each of 3 hours in duration and presented using Zoom Webinar.
Course 1 – AI Series: 1. Python Foundations in Actuarial Data Science
1. Environment Setup
2. Python variables, functions and objects
3. Data libraries: Numpy and Pandas
4. Modelling libraries: Scikit-learn, Keras and Statsmodels
5. Visualisation libraries: Plotly
Course 2 – AI Series: 2. Data Connectivity and Dataset Processing
1. Data Connectivity
a. From File
b. From Cloud
c. From Database
2. Dataset Processing on MTPL data
a. Filtering, Cleaning and String manipulation
b. Joining Claim, Policy and Retention datasets
3. Exploratory Data Analysis
Course 3 – AI Series: 3. Modelling: GLM Approach
1. Risk modelling
a. Data encoding, binning and interactions
b. GLM for frequency and severity modelling
2. Demand modelling
a. GLM for demand modelling
3. Basic visualization
Course 4 – AI Series: 4. Modelling: ML Approach
1. ML Approach
a. Hyperoptimisation of data transformations for GLM models
c. Actuarial Neural Networks
2. Automated Machine Learning
3. Explainable AI
Course 5 – AI Series: 5. Model deployment
1. How can a model be shared with other employees/departments? Batch process vs REST API.
2. Create a REST API serving model predictions.
3. What is the easiest way to distribute an application? Containers.
4. How to deploy? Introduction to cloud computing.
The price for the AI series is £300.
It is also possible to attend individual courses in the series which are available at £80 each.
Course 1 – 17th September 2021, 12:00pm-3:00pm
Course 2 – 1st October 2021, 12:00pm-3:00pm
Course 3 – 15th October 2021, 12:00pm-3:00pm
Course 4 – 5th November 2021, 12:00pm-3:00pm
Course 5 – 19th November 2021, 12:00pm-3:00pm
Bookings are closed for this event.